Summer Employment Opportunity - Administrative Assistant
Application Deadline – May 8, 2022
Please note that we will review resumes as they are received and will offer the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Plast Toronto is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to support the work of the administrative staff of Plast Ukrainian Youth Association, Toronto Branch. There is one (1) position available. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- comply with Plast Toronto Covid protocols & policies.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Candidate should have an interest in a career in business or administration.
- Assist with preparation, editing and proofreading of correspondence, brochures, publications, reports and related material; creation and distribution of communications to our membership, including drafting messages promoting the latest news and activities and promoting content through our website and social media channels
- In period of vacation or absence of regular administrative staff, as necessary: process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically; co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other staff and volunteers; answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages; greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct them to appropriate person.
- Photocopy or scan and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
- Update, maintain, and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and membership databases
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment, order supplies as required
- Assist with registration process for camps and programs.
- Assist with coordinating logistics of events and summer camps, as necessary.
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal in Ukrainian and English are essential
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good computer skills with strong working knowledge of MS Office suite, familiarity with social media platforms, experience working with databases and willingness to learn new technology
- Knowledge of Plast Toronto’s mission, vision, objectives are a plus
- Access to own laptop is a plus.
Term: up to 14 weeks at 35 hrs per week.
Hourly wage: $17.00
Start date: May 16, 2021
Place of work: Plast Huculak Centre at 516 The Kingsway, Toronto and/or remote work as required.
To apply: Applications must include a resume and cover letter and indicate your name and the Job Title in the Subject line of your email. Please submit applications and supporting documents no later than Sunday, May 8, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.