Summer Employment Opportunity – Communication Officer
Application Deadline – May 21, 2021
Please note that we will review resumes as they are received and will offer the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Plast Toronto is seeking to strengthen our internal and external communications and social media presence. The Communication Officer is responsible for establishing and facilitating internal and external communication to maintain a positive perception of Plast Ukrainian Youth Association, Toronto Branch. There is one (1) position available. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program
- To be eligible for a position you must be able to work legally in Canada, have a valid Social Insurance Number and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
- Candidate should have an interest in communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public relations and/or skill development towards a career in digital marketing, communications or Public Relations
- Create and distribute regular newsletters to our membership, including promoting newsletter content through our website and social media channels
- Participate in the development of a communications plan
- Maintain accurate contact lists
- Manage our social media accounts, prepare content calendars, and draft messages promoting the latest news and activities
- Use reporting tools to track, analyze, and understand data from email campaigns, website, social media, and more
- Own our member engagement platform by coordinating and crafting content through discussion boards on planning-related topics
- Oversee the day-to-day management of our website, including editing, updating, and developing new content throughout the year and assisting with data collection for upcoming website redesign
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal in Ukrainian and English
- Exceptional problem-solving and project management skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good computer skills with strong working knowledge of MS Office suite, familiarity with social media platforms, experience working with databases and willingness to learn new technology
- Previous experience supporting communications in a community-focused organization and/or knowledge of Plast Toronto’s mission, vision, objectives are a plus
Term: up to 16 weeks at 35 hrs per week. Hourly wage: $20 per hour
Start date: May 31, 2021
Place of work: Plast Toronto at 516 The Kingsway, Toronto and/or remote work as required.
To apply: Please submit your Resume with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.