Summer Employment Opportunity – Data & Info Management Clerk
Application Deadline – May 8, 2022
Please note that we will review resumes as they are received and will offer the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Plast Toronto is seeking to hire a Data and Information Management Clerk to assist in organizing and cataloguing data, information and materials that can be accessed by its members and staff. There is one (1) position available. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- comply with Plast Toronto Covid protocols & policies.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Candidate should have an interest in a career in business or administration.
- Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the successful applicant will apply data entry and information science methods to:
- Consolidate, catalogue, index and store various records, materials and resources, both physical and digital.
- Scan historic documentation and archive in electronic format on centralized computer storage.
- Evaluate, develop, select, implement and/or use manual and automated systems and networks to record, organize, store, search, retrieve and make accessible information to users.
- Support the Program Resource Development Team through the manual and digital organization of youth programming materials for easy access and retrieval by scout leaders.
- Develop document inventories and maintain indexes for filing systems
- Research and extract records and information in response to requests
- Label, prepare and transfer information files according to established records management procedures and schedules.
- Input data into computerized databases, spreadsheets or other templates.
- Import and/or export data between different kinds of software
- Verify accuracy and completeness of data.
- Compile data and other information to support research activities.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and English is essential
- An interest in data and information management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, incl. Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Provide own laptop
Term: up to 14 weeks at 35 hrs per week.
Hourly wage: $17.00
Start date: May 16, 2021
Place of work: Plast Huculak Centre at 516 The Kingsway, Toronto and/or remote work as required.
To apply: Applications must include a resume and cover letter and indicate your name and the Job Title in the Subject line of your email. Please submit applications and supporting documents no later than Sunday, May 8, 2022 to: email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.