Summer Employment Opportunity – Database Librarian
Application Deadline – May 21, 2021
Please note that we will review resumes as they are received and will offer the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Plast Toronto is seeking to establish a library of materials that can be accessed by its members, with a Database Librarian. There is one (1) position available. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program
- To be eligible for a position you must be able to work legally in Canada, have a valid Social Insurance Number and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
- Candidate should have an interest in a career in library sciences, database management or educational material development and management
- Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the successful applicant will apply library science and information science methods to:
- Consolidate archives and library materials, catalogue, index and identify materials needing repair and conservation.
- Scan historic documentation and archive in electronic format on centralized computer storage.
- Provide reference, referral, bibliographic, advisory, information retrieval, and document delivery services, and perform other functions, to assist users in accessing library materials;
- Evaluate, develop, select, implement and use manual and automated systems and networks to record, organize, store, search, retrieve and make accessible information in library or information management operations.
- Support the Program Resource Development Team through the digital organization of youth programming materials for easy access and retrieval by scout leaders.
- Provide administrative assistance in developing a database of achievements completed by the organization’s members
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and English
- An interest in library sciences
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft applications, incl. Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Provide own laptop
Term: 13 weeks at 35 hrs per week. Hourly wage: $17.00
Start date: May 31, 2021
Place of work: Plast Toronto at 516 The Kingsway, Toronto and/or remote work as required.
To apply: Please submit your Resume with a Cover Letter to email@example.com
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.