Plast Ukrainian Youth Association of Toronto (Plast Toronto) is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated leader with a broad set of skills and experience to manage the facilities owned by Plast Toronto Branch. Located in Central Etobicoke in the Plast Huculak Centre, Plast Toronto houses many different community organizations including the Plast National Executive, Svitlychka Nursery School, and provides facility rentals to the community at large. Plast Toronto also owns and manages a property located in Grafton, ON that houses a seasonal campground and cottages.
The Facilities Manager works directly with the Executive Director and the Operations and Facilities volunteer leaders to ensure that the physical assets are operational for use and within the governing regulations of all municipal, provincial and federal laws and guidelines. He/she is responsible for maintenance management plans, coordinating all lease, rental, and use agreements and related communication, and ensuring compliance with agreements. The Facilities Manager will develop a business plan to ensure maximum revenue generation from the facilities to support the maintenance of facilities and in support of Plast Toronto’s programs and activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing the operations and maintenance of facilities
- Acting as site contact for contractors and users as required
- Ensuring compliance in respect of Health and Safety and Statutory Legislation
- Driving continuous improvement in service levels
- Preparing standard reports for Board review and participating in all relevant operational meetings and initiatives
- Knowledge of best practices, methods, trends and legislation in facility management and contract management
- Strong communication and excellent listening skills to deal with tenants, users, stakeholders, and any maintenance staff and contractors
- Practical knowledge of building maintenance and ability to perform basic maintenance as necessary
- Familiarity with the Ukrainian Canadian community in general and Plast Toronto is an asset
- Knowledge of both English and Ukrainian languages is an asset
Formal Education and/or Certification(s) and Experience
- College diploma in facility management or related field with four years’ relevant experience, or equivalent.
OR Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field with four years’ relevant experience, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ management experience a plus
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license & abstract required
- Health and safety training
- Full time position with flexibility to be available on evenings and weekends as required
- Working at PLAST Huculak Centre in Toronto, with routine travel to Grafton, ON primarily from spring to early fall
- Some work may occasionally require the use of basic safety equipment
- Proof of compliance with provincial standards for full vaccination against COVID-19 required
Remuneration: Competitive salary based on experience.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Please submit a resume and covering letter by e-mail only with Facilities Manager in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by Dec 1, 2021.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.