Plast Ukrainian Youth Association of Toronto (Plast Toronto) is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about youth development to join our team at Plast Toronto Branch. Located in Central Etobicoke in the Plast Huculak Centre, Plast Toronto runs programs in Ukrainian throughout the year for youth aged 6-18, as well as summer camps at our property located in Grafton, ON.
The Program Coordinator works directly with Plast Toronto administration and Programming Sector Volunteers to coordinate the development, planning, implementation and oversight of our youth programming. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the programming aligns with Plast strategic and functional needs, helps engage and retain volunteers, and enables program delivery by Plast volunteers, while adhering to Plast’s values and mission.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supports, develops, manages, and evaluates new and existing youth programming
- Works in collaboration with the program volunteers to provide and support well-rounded, relevant, and accessible program opportunities, training, resources, and support to our members
- Provides support for camp directors and committees
- Develops and coordinates relevant training curriculum to support our volunteer counsellors
- Supports program events as necessary
- Championing volunteer engagement and managing volunteer recognition initiatives
- Coordinating registration for youth programming and camps
- Strong knowledge of and ability to champion Plast values and mission
- Experience working with children and youth
- Knowledge and understanding of Plast’s programs, manuals and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in Ukrainian and English a must
- Ability to employ innovative approaches while staying true to the spirit and intent of Plast’s objectives
- Understanding of volunteer needs and capabilities in order to meet the needs of Plast Toronto’s membership
- Effective interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal direction, and to organize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong knowledge of relevant technology and computer applications (such as Mailchimp, Slack, Word, Excel, Google apps, database systems, etc.)
- This is a part-time position, equal to 21 hours per week with potential for growth
- This position will work at the Plast Huculak Centre, with flexibility to work remotely.
- Some in-person attendance at UPN and UPU meetings on Saturday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, respectively, will be required, as well as occasional attendance at weekday evening meetings with program volunteers and committees or Board
- Site visits to Plast Toronto Camps in Grafton, ON and other site may occasionally be required
- Proof of compliance with provincial standards for full vaccination against COVID-19 required
Remuneration: Competitive salary based on experience.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Please submit a resume and covering letter (in English and in Ukrainian) by e-mail only with Program Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications must be received by Dec 1, 2021.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.