Summer Employment Opportunity – Maintenance Planner
Application Deadline – May 8, 2022
Please note that we will review resumes as they are received and will offer the position as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Plast Toronto is seeking to hire a Maintenance Planner to support the ongoing maintenance of our camp and recreational facility in Grafton, Ontario, by organizing and cataloguing data, information and documenting procedures that can be accessed by its members and staff. There is one (1) position available. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs Program.
To be eligible, youth must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- comply with Plast Toronto Covid protocols & policies.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Candidate should have an interest in a career in facility management or engineering.
The successful applicant must be a motivated and detail oriented individual with experience in or currently studying mechanical engineering or facilities maintenance.
Working under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the successful applicant will:
- Document the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems.
- Document schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs and support the implementation of said schedules and procedures.
- Document safety and maintenance procedures for opening and closing of facilities at start and end of season, as well as required maintenance procedures to ensure smooth transition of facilities from one user group to another.
- Inventory and help maintain equipment and supplies.
- Consolidate, catalogue, index and store various records, manuals and resources related to equipment and processes. Create digital copies of all physical files for ease of access in future.
- Research and collect information on, and create a database of known and trusted suppliers and service providers.
- Prepare reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian is an asset
- An interest in data and information management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, incl. Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Provide own laptop
Term: up to 16 weeks at 35 hrs per week.
Hourly wage: $20.00 + Shared accommodation is available for the contract Term if required; meals can be provided for the month of July.
Start date: immediate
Place of work: Plast Camp “Sich”, 678 Lakeshore Rd. Grafton, ON KOK 2GO
To apply: Applications must include a resume and cover letter and indicate your name and the Job Title in the Subject line of your email. Please submit applications and supporting documents no later than Sunday, May 8, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.